To help you celebrate safely, the consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Council on Fireworks Safety offer the following safety tips:
- Always read and follow label directions
- Have an adult present
- Buy from a reliable source (such as Champny's Fireworks)
- Use ourdoors ONLY!
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket of water)
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks
- Light only one firework at a time
- NEVER re-light a "dud" firework — wait 20-30 minutes and them soak in a bucket of water)
- Never give fireworks to small children
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool dry place
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking them in water and disposing of them in your trachcan
- Never throw or point fireworks in a glass or metal container
- The shooter should always wear eye protection and never have any part of the body over the firework
- Stay away from illegal fireworks
For more safety information visit US CPSC.
Must be 21 or older with valid ID. Check with local authorities to see if fireworks are permissible in your area.
The state of New Hampshire provides information to retailers and buyers of fireworks. On their website you can find the PERMISSIBLE LIST of fireworks as well as other regulations and helpful information.